Tuesday, October 14, 2008

They Don't Make 'Em Like They Used To

This phrase is up there with "it is what it is" in my top ten list of least favorite phrases. Also, "you'll feel a little prick."

Our refrigerator started making noise and stopped making things cold yesterday. In retrospect, the noise started over the weekend, I think, but it didn't seem like there was any difference in how it worked. Then, yesterday, everything thawed and got warm. Luckily, we have a mini-fridge in the basement which will suffice for now.

I called the repair shop I like and explained that with the generous donation of a washer and dryer from my folks, we upgraded to a nicer refrigerator than we would have bought otherwise. He said "Well, they just don't make 'em like they used to." I know he's right, but it doesn't make me feel any better. I've only ever inherited refrigerators in the past and I've never had an issue like this. The first one I buy brand new goes bad within three years. WTF?

I've also learned that I have some weird issues regarding food. I was freaked out about losing perfectly good food yesterday, but the total cost of what was actually lost is probably less than $40. Plus, much of it was frozen stuff we've had for a while. It's the idea of it, I guess. In reality, this is a good opportunity to purge.

The repair guy comes tomorrow, and hopefully that's the end of it.

0 comments:

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP