Well, It's Gotten Worse
There are some ugly side-effects of Obama running in this presidential race. Maybe good for exposure, or maybe just another reason to shake my head and hope for a secession of some sort.
Here's a statement from an interview done in Virginia by an NPR reporter:
"I never really thought about whether or not that I was racist, or however you want to put it," said Tina Graham. She fears Obama would focus on African-Americans at the expense of poor white people like herself. "It's just the fact that I think that he will represent them, and what they want, and what they need. ... They're his people, they're his race."
So, she's calling him a racist AND a liar. Everything he's said has been a total fabrication and lie, including his stance opposing reparations. (I'm assuming that's the real deal breaker for Tina Graham, otherwise, things "they" want and need are probably the same things I want and need.
Next, it has become quite clear to me that the Republican party's choice for McCain running mate was partly picked to appeal to conservatives (and people who don't like to think too much) but more to live up to her self-imposed reputation as a "pit bull" (bad cop). She's now saying stuff that the moderate and respectful McCain (good cop) would not. In fact, she'd like to talk about something that was news last year because they haven't dredged up a big enough bomb to drop otherwise.
And, having a reporter ask if her criticisms are racially tinged only puts her in shark attack mode (and probably builds sympathy for her, actually). Grrr.
Leave it to the Daily Show to expose the reality here:


7 comments:
Yeah, this is bringing out the worst in some people, it's really disheartening.
The real nut jobs are still putting it out there that Obama is a terrorist sleeper cell, just waiting to get in and ruin the nation.
1. Look around, idiots.
2. There are two other branches of government and an impeachment process to keep that from happening.
3. If Obama is the great deceiver from the book of Revelations, shouldn't any Christian WANT to vote him in? Isn't the rapture our reward for believing?
Obama's half-brother is living on pennies a day in a 6 x 9 shack, yet Obama lectures us that we should be our brother's keeper (code - higher taxes). Ya gotta love Biden too - .2% of gross income given to charity, yet he tells us paying higher taxes is "patriotic." I would also encourage all to read about Obama's activities as a community organizer, his association with ACORN and how it all relates to this sub-prime bailout disaster.
So these are legit concerns at least. I've heard vague notions about the link to the mortgage crisis and ACORN, but I have had trouble finding actual resource material. I've seen some blogs where people mention it, but I'd like some articles written by credible sources.
The brother-in-law thing I have not heard before. If it's true and there are not extenuating circumstances, it's the same hypocrisy I can't stand in other candidates, but I'd still like to hear more about this.
Got any links?
The first part of the article details ACORN's questionable voter registration tactics. About 2/3 of the way down it describes ACORN's housing activities. I respect Newsmax as a source. Whether or not you find it reliable is for you to decide.
http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/obama_acorn_smears/2008/10/06/137891.html
Well, one of the ads on the Newsmax site is for Cindy McCain jewelry and the tag line is "annoy a liberal".
Aside from that, they do a lot of linking of Obama to ACORN and talk about "radical, sometimes illegal, confrontational politics" that I have not heard about in the past. You'd think this kind of criminal behavior would have been prosecuted or at least made front page news.
There's this paragraph: "Critics accuse ACORN of involvement [sic] vote fraud, voter intimidation, shakedowns against businesses, and the promotion of socialist class hatred and class warfare."
These are accusations, but is any of this stuff documented anywhere? I guess these are the details I'm after.
I'm not trying to be obtuse, I just want to understand why linking him to a community organization program is bad.
I guess my initial point was that there are some CRAZY talking points getting batted around. I got an e-mail from an old customer of mine talking about how Obama has the former head of Fannie Mae for his lead economic strategist. (Also a criminal.) Turns out, the e-mail she forwarded was a fake (per Snopes.com) and totally unfounded. Until she saw that, though, she was ready to believe whatever that e-mail said and justify it to the death.
I don't mean to be argumentative, I just want to see/hear some actual evidence instead of correlative evidence on some of these accusations. You bring up interesting points but there's some other, wild shit out there right now!
Show me the homie!
Post a Comment