Updates
1. The Obama infomercial was okay. More of the same for the already initiated, really. Good stories and reasonable exposition of specific plans. The Daily Show was much better, even if the Obama interview was a little stiff.
2. I have realized that I'm mostly about the visceral. What I write in here is important to me, but I think the design of the site is pretty important, too. I've realized that I'm a little superficial that way. Same is true with music - an artist could be making salient or clever points by crafting lyrics in a certain way, but if it's a lousy beat or stock riffs, I'm not interested. The exception is graphic novels. I love how they're laid out but I'm also interested in the story. I'll have to ponder on this some more.
3. Last night, I waited in a long line for 30 minutes (roughly) to vote early. It was a pain, but also pretty encouraging that there's so much interest already. I imagine Tuesday will be hectic.
4. Also, I met a band from Vancouver last night who saw my Obama pin and offered safe refuge in Canada if McPalin gets into office somehow. I said I'd consider it, but Americans DO NOT CUT AND RUN. ;)


3 comments:
Just saw your comment at Grant Miller's and wanted to give you a virtual high-five for the Sunny comment. "Mac and Charlie Die" is one of the funniest episodes ever...but then I say that about just about every episode.
Screw Canada, I'm moving to Costa Rica!
High fives all around. Maybe we'll visit Costa Rica from our palatial Canadian estate!
Post a Comment