Thursday, October 16, 2008

What Do We Know?

I'm not sure why Sarah Palin or the Republicans think Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, or the many other large, urban areas in our country need the "wisdom of Wasilla Main Street." The Daily Show actually went out and interviewed the people of Wasilla after the VP debate, and while I understand it's their job to find the funny/controversial, there was no shortage.


Also, I don't understand the tactic of "hockey mom" and "pit bull" as a positive. Down here in the contiguous states, pit bulls are frequently in the news for killing people. Actually hockey parents are, too. Remember the hockey dad? Is that what we want? An efficient, vindictive killing machine?

As for the debate last night, McCain still has not given up on the Ayers/terrorist angle. It doesn't matter that Ayers has been teaching new teachers at U of Chicago since his radical days, apparently. Is there any chance Ayers is no longer a terrorist, or realized his radical ways were wrong and decided to subvert by educating instead? I guess in a conservative, presumably Christian campaign, there's no room for forgiveness. But, isn't Ayers a prototypical maverick?

The rest was the same tired, carefully-worded bullshit. I'm so ready for this election to be done.

One last thing - McCain overstepped his bounds when he referred to the $3 million dollar overhead projector as one of Obama's pet earmarks. Obama stands for education, and everyone in and around Chicago has been to that planetarium. It's one of Chicago's outstanding educational institutions and worth every penny, in my opinion. Obama wimped out a bit by admitting that some earmarks are a little "screwy" when he should have told McCain that he's out of touch and insulting the people of Illinois. Truth is, I'd much rather have money going to the Adler planetarium than Iraq.

0 comments:

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP