Monday, October 06, 2008

Sports Talk

1. Sorry Cubs fans. I'm not being sarcastic - this was a real let down. I think the real issue was pressure. You have guys that played strong all year, but all anyone talks about is the curse, 100 years of futility, and previous playoff woes. If you focus on NOT getting swept, that's your focus, and you can't win. Anyhow, I was excited, too, and also felt let down.

2. Go White Sox! Danks is that lift reminding a team what it looks like to fight it out. He said it was less pressure than that final tie-breaker game versus the Twins to face playoff elimination but you couldn't tell by his pitching either game.

3. Bears - great win. I would still contend that Grossman would be doing even better than Orton with this running game, but Orton does seem to improve game by game. HOWEVER, beating the Lions just means that the plays work when there's no competition. The Lions were not challenging anything or trying to take any of our elements out of the game. So, next week will be a more significant challenge again.

Also, I still love Marty Booker. That catch was sick.

0 comments:

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP