Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Quick Thoughts

I'm just about fed up with oblivious rich people rubbing my nose in their wealth. I suppose I partially blame the media. Can't they find something better to do with their time than torturing dogs, driving around in a liquor/drug haze, or killing someone and leaving the gun/knife/glove lying around? Idiots.

Miller "Chill" is not bad, but not great. I drank a whole six-pack (over the course of a week, mind you) but would not buy it again, probably. If they were passing it out for free at a party, I might drink it in that case.

There are a few bands I've become acquainted with recently that I like - the Joggers (see recent post), Brakes, Silver Jews, and +/-. All good. I'll leave it up to you to look up their MySpace pages.

I think the emerging crowd of interesting bands is part of the reason for the surge of RIAA bullshit. They don't have these bands signed yet and people are liking them all on their own.

I have a hard time dieting. Even when I know I'm content (not hungry), I still crave food. I never did before I had a desk job. Double whammy.

I'm excited about our Big Drag show on Friday because it's a good night for that sort of thing and I like the House. I think John U. is a big part of why I like it there - he's a force of good. If you like music at all, you should check out the lineup there any given week. He gets great bands.

I'm a jerk. I have a hard time getting back to people when they call/write/see me at a club or something. It's no phobia, it's pure laziness. There might be a twinge of adult ADD in the mix but I'm not going to dilute the reality. I've always been lazy. It doesn't mean that I don't like you. I do.

Last one - check out mrtoledano.com for some really great photography and free desktop wallpapers for your computer. I love the range. Here's the wallpaper on my work PC:



UPDATE: one more addition - didn't require an entirely new post - I love the Cotton Factory. Here's a new design:

6 comments:

P-Dizzle 7:08 PM  

Silver Jews' Natural Bridge is my favorite of his stuff.

DC Liar 11:35 PM  

Hating oblivious rich people is a side-effect of working in (or near) Naperville.
I worked there for years, and am still getting over it.

I suggest you get yourself fired (in the most spectacular way imaginable).

Chris B. 8:40 AM  

My building is like a bunker against that bullshit. We're basically surrounded by forest preserves, too. I work with a bunch of telecom nerds that may or may not be millionaires (you can't tell - to their credit).

For the record, Naperville snobs are not as obnoxious as Wilmette/Highland Park/Winnetka snobs.

DC Liar 10:13 PM  

Just don't work retail Naperville. My time at Crow's Nest has scarred me for life.

Moderator 12:16 PM  

Sorry about rubbing your nose in my extreme wealth. I will try and stop.

Chris B. 12:26 PM  

Yeah, dude. We used to live on the same block. Now you're all "rocket-parky". ;)

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP