Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Guilty Pleasure TV

I've been watching Hells Kitchen on Fox. Just about anything on Fox seems like it requires guilt to watch these days. Not sure what it is about people being forced to cook under duress that flips my switch, but I watched a few episodes of The Next Food Network Star, too. I won't go into details as I may be the only one of the people I know that watches either of them. At least I hope that's the case.



Also, I love Pimp My Ride. I'd rather ride a dirty rust bucket than some of the garish rides they put together and the formula for the show is so repetitive and dumb - but I can't stop. I was sick for two days last year and spent one of them watching a marathon of Pimp My Ride. More recently, I got into Unique Whips which is more of a show about a shop that outfits (semi-pimps) rich peoples' cars. It's more classy than trashy (a phrase I learned from my next guilty pleasure...)

This one will set me up for ridicule for months to come. I deserve it. I watched most of Flavor of Love: Charm School. Why? No idea. I couldn't stop. I actually set up the DVR after the hook was set so I wouldn't miss it. There were some outstanding lines: "I feel like I'm in a big-ass game of Clue" and "Ok, maybe not the 'whore of Charm School', but 'whore-like'".

Before a number of you get together to call an intervention*, I'll let you know that we have decided to get rid of Dish Network and the DVR at the end of the upcoming football season which is when our introductory contract runs out, finally.

* - Jennie likes that show.

1 comments:

Michael K 12:03 PM  

I don't even have a car and I have caught myself watching PMR. They put more f'n TVs in those cars than I have in my house. It is kind of nice to see how excited the owners get.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP