Friday, April 03, 2009

What's the Chance We'll Avoid Armageddon?

I was just thinking that the Bears appear to have a franchise quarterback for the first time since 1943 (not making that up), the Blackhawks are serious, Barack Obama is the first black president and he's from Chicago, gay people can be married by law in Iowa, my wife and I are gainfully employed in the midst of a bad recession, and the brewer of my favorite local beer just opened a brewpub two miles from my office.

This is lots of precedent-setting stuff. One would typically joke that the end must be near with all of this positivity. Well, what if the bullshittery that got us into a pseudo-war, bankruptcy, and international disfavor suddenly became unfavorable to everyone? What if everyone started thinking about others before themselves? Is there a chance that we could avoid mutually-assured destruction/Armageddon/the end times?

0 comments:

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP