Sunday, April 26, 2009

Fencing

We had this saggy fence on Friday, and by lunch on Saturday we had fixed it with two shovels, a wheelbarrow, and a miter saw. Quote from the fence company was $520. I spent $66 on new posts and my dad helped for the price of lunch (with ice cream). Awesome.

Here's the before picture:
Fence Before

And here's the after:
Fence After

3 comments:

Kim 1:28 PM  

WOW! Well done!!!

I'm all for budget fencing: we got a quote for a fenced-in area for Carter at 5K. My brother is working on doing it right now, smaller size, but for less than 1K all told.

Love the new blog look by the way.

Niteowl 11:40 AM  

Ergh! Just when I think you are an awkward, pasty shut-in like myself you throw me for a loop. I mean, honestly, who knows what to do with "two shovels, a wheelbarrow, and a miter saw", dude, you're in Malboro country now.

Chris B. 1:51 PM  

I'm still pasty. It's not really science or coding difficult, just a different set of tools. We also ran into zero obstacles or I would have easily thrown in the towel.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP