Thursday, April 02, 2009

We Need a QB

I think it would be worthwhile to bring in Jay Cutler for two first round draft picks, steep as that is. Jerry Angelo probably does not agree, but his best picks have not always been his top picks.

I also think (despite the Adam Archuleta experiment) that Orlando Pace could be useful here whether he plays or not. He's about the only guy still in the league that might be able to tell Olin Kreutz something. A guy like that could help that offensive line get better.

With those two things in place, there's a good case for our running game to take off, and we'll find out for sure about our receivers. (I'm guessing that we'll be looking for new receivers in the 2010 off season whether we get Cutler or not.)

Bottom line - getting Jay Cutler would be unprecedented for the Bears (as far as I can remember) considering the cost. On the other hand, he could be a long-term solution in a position that has NEVER had a long-term solution here.

UPDATE: HOOOOOOORRRRAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! Cutler/Hanie '09.

2 comments:

Gunderstorm 6:20 AM  

Pouring one out for Kyle. *sniff*

Chris B. 10:38 AM  

Considering how divided me and the Liar were over Rexy, and how we came together on the mediocrity of Orton - this is the best possible outcome!

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP