Straight Up Text
I'm holding off on the second in my three or four part series on how the Bears can become a winning team in 2008 until I can focus a little. I'm under deadline at work again and I'm right up against it (classic form for me).
A few things have been rattling around my head and the office, I guess.
1. I read on Metafilter.org that U2's business manager wants governments to impose mandatory connection resets or cutoffs to kill bulk downloading. A few things strike me as idiotic about this. First, both he and U2 are excessively rich, so why so concerned? Second, are they really worried about revenues when they only see $.50 per record sold? (Maybe U2 gets $2 per record.) Are they forgetting that even at today's download rates, records still sell for ~$10? And third, do we really want our government (or any other) to control the flow of information through the internet?
2. It's almost funny how Hillary Clinton is trying to attack Obama on the Rezko connection. The connection is tentative, and didn't she and her husband let one of their felon friends OUT OF PRISON?! WTF? One thing I can't stand is hypocrisy. She's showing her inner Bush. (That pun is for you, Ed.)
3. Who is geared up to be vice president?
4. I have been listening to the free tracks from Suzan Hurtuk (www.theperiodiclabel.com) over and over again. She reminds me of a slightly softer Jeff Buckley. Took a few listens to actually hear all that is going on in the songs, but I'm glad I did. While you're there, check out Monuments if you haven't already.
That is all.


1 comments:
I don't think I've bought any U2 records in a long time.
My sister has, though.
Post a Comment