Still On The Obamawagon
I've still not heard anything that would dissuade me from voting for Obama. I admit that I'm getting a little tired of the "change" and "hope" rhetoric, but I'm equally tired of hearing about 9-11 from Giuliani. The attacks on Obama have begun as expected. I'm sure he'll engage as well, eventually, although I expect his jabs to be more clever and subtextual. It's one of the reasons I like him - he could actually out-think and out-debate Bill Clinton. At the very least, he doesn't seem to wilt under pressure.
Here's a link to some information on Obama's connection to Tony Rezko, a shady (and probably criminal) dude. This article is clearly on the defensive, but there are links to other posts more critical of the relationship on the page. I really don't see where Obama has gone wrong here. He may or may not have been aware of Rezko's shady dealings, but nobody argues that Obama only worked with him directly a few times. I'm sure Barrack wasn't thinking about becoming president back then, but I do know that he was trying to get low-income housing built for people that had no other options. In that arena, you work with the available investors - Rezko being one of them.
Anyhow, I'm probably minimizing the relationship with no real knowledge of it. That said, it's not like Obama denies having worked with him. Plus, the question is not whether or not Obama committed some crime, only if he was doing work for a criminal (known as such or not) years ago. He doesn't seem to run from, lie about, or obfuscate details from his past (as far as I can tell) unlike the Clintons, and yet it seems like they're on the attack.
Hell, he even inhaled.


3 comments:
I really, *really* hope that the inhaling comment he made doesn't do some sort of a backlash on him somehow. The upfront honesty on the matter really meant a lot.
Go 'bama
Jeanz said: Chris - If stupid Google would have stupid let me stupid log in, I would have left the following stupid comment on your UN-stupid blog:
You make a very good point about Obama working with Rezko as an investor to accomplish his goal.
On the Rezko legal work: as I understand it, Obama put in about five hours of work as an associate attorney at his first law firm. Associates do not choose their assignments - they are told what to do, and, if they hope to move up from the associate level, they do it.
Further, as I understand Clinton's representation of mega-corps like WalMart and Tyson, she was a partner at that time - and partners have far more control over what work they do and don't do.
That bitch represented Mike Tyson?!?!?
He threatened to eat Evander Hollyfield's children!
Post a Comment