The Future of Television
I have been following Spike Jonze for a long time. Before he became a known entity in video/film, he was the staff photographer for Freestylin' magazine back in the 80s. His video style is pretty consistent and easy to spot. It seems exceedingly normal with some very odd and/or surreal elements casually interspersed. Anyhow, he's now heading up www.vbs.tv as creative director.
VBS develops their own content and it's a mix of all kinds of things I find interesting. There are music videos from bands I've never heard of, documentary films about various topics, and other generally cool topics. It's kind of like an edgy PBS, actually. (No Sesame Street here, for sure.)
Today, I watched a documentary about black metal in Norway and this sweet Lego video:


1 comments:
check out the 'vice guide to travel'. actually they probably have all the pieces on the website.
Post a Comment