Got a Lot Done Today
I have a deadline of tomorrow for six documents that I manage. It's been the kind of day where there really isn't a minute to spare. I worked in a logical progression to get the most out of today and now it's close to five o'clock. So, I started going through my older favorites on YouTube. You can check out my favs at www.youtube.com/assoctw.
One of my subscriptions is a site that has tons of old footage from Chicago stations in the 70s through the 90s. It's awesome. Here's a clip from channel 44 back when Harry did the Sox games. Listen to the Cub-like jubilation of the crowd here:
Here's Bozo sounding drunk, but maybe that was just his schtick. He was still the best. "Kid in Chicago, having a good time... they're all watching, Channel 9":


2 comments:
Thank you so much for posting this. When I saw the camera sweep across the third base box seats...where I sat for my first ball game ever...a much-needed smile grew from my face. I do not long for the old park, but seeing it in clips like this take me back to my childhood, instantly.
Those unis tho - - what were the SOX thinking?!?!? Veck could've just bought a softball team
Post a Comment