Monday, June 25, 2007

Tanks For Nothing

I'm not even going to ruminate on Tank Johnson. We got rid of some of the depth at tackle with Tommie Harris coming back (presumably <100%) and the promise of a reformed Tank Johnson. Well, so much for that. The scary thought is that some team will pick him up and this might be the kind of thing that will prove to be another option for a player locked into a contract they don't want. I'm not intimating that this is the issue here - because I think Tank is an idiot (a la Paris Hilton) - but I can see it happening with a player that doesn't value his image as much as his next paycheck. Hell, some team will take Pacman Jones, eventually, if he can stay out of jail.

Also, I'm watching an abbreviated replay of the Bears/Bucs game from 12/17/06 on NFL Network as I'm typing this post. They started to let the Bucs back in in the second half but they looked spectacular in the first half. What worked well? The defense got plays out of everyone - both Mannings, Urlacher, Briggs, etc. They got pressure and disrupted nearly every play. Second half - flat. It really looked like they were tired. Why did we not have 2nd string in at that point? At the same time, who knew Mike Allstot could still run like that?

Bottom line, we still have a lot of the core of that team and I'm kind of excited about the new, improved defense with Mike Brown and Adam Archuleta holding it down. Also, I'm still totally behind Grossman as the franchise QB. He's good and will hopefully have learned from the past year - his first full season. He'll still have Des Clark and two new receivers (Hester and Olsen) to target. Bradley, too, if he can string two games together without an injury. It seems like we have depth in areas where we sucked for so many years.

1 comments:

edP 5:06 AM  

Cutting him is the right move. If they wait until after the next set of league imposed sanctions they might be stuck like the Titans are currently and not be able to cut PacMan until after his next failed attempt at reinstatement. These rules are harder to understand than the Supreme Court rulings issued yesterday.

I hope Tommie Harris is ok eh

Bears

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP