Sopranos Spoiler
I was able to catch up on the last two episodes and get up to speed just in case we made an effort to see the final episode live. Here's what I think they convey in the last episode. Tony most likely bites it. No shocker, they've exposed him as a bad guy over and over and this would be a fitting end after Christopher, Bobby, and Sil have moved on.
Based on the fact that A.J. has already gone through (past?) his nihilistic phase, he can move on to crushing his enemies. The curse of the Sopranos will likely survive. I'm guessing that Paulie will somehow escape and turn into A.J.'s version of uncle Junior.
Also, there's Meadow who has shown alternating empathy/compassion and an absolute lack thereof. I was thinking that perhaps it was a variation of Romeo and Juliet where the families are out of the picture and R and J (Meadow and her new/old beau) not only have no obstructions but could likely become the new Tony and Carmela.
Either way, Tony only got to know his father for a few years before he bit it. A.J. has had more time to absorb things. Med school is no good for his sister who could either learn everything she needs at law school or turn into another Janice. That said, Janice could be a good accomplice or enforcer. She's shown over and over that she can block out everything and go totally psycho.
Anyhow, I'm guessing Robert Iler will have an opportunity to come back in five years as an up-and-coming capo. I'm guessing it ends with a passing of the torch.


1 comments:
Good point about Janice. She was one of the coldest characters in the show while still remaining above most of the fray.
Post a Comment