Hardeye Films
Once, many moons ago, I met a dude named Tony at a U.S. Maple show at the now defunct Lounge Ax. He was friends with the guys in the band and I found out that he was, in fact, the one who shot the "Stuck" video. I told him I loved it and couldn't think of a better way to cover those guys. Minimal while somewhat random and unconventional but totally deliberate. He said it wasn't his best work.
Anyhow, years later I'm zipping around YouTube (as I'm wont to do) and I come across some excellent concert footage of U.S. Maple. Turns out Tony shot it and he has created a YouTube account with a metric ton of footage from stage, studio, and around town. It's all entertaining and with so many cameo appearances by people I've known over the years, it's exciting to see who will pop up next.
Here's a four-minute clip from an upcoming documentary Tony is working on covering the entire U.S. Maple experience:


6 comments:
Would it be shallow of me to say I was surprised by how "mature" Todd and Al have become? I haven't seen 'em in what-- 10 years? Not that they look "Old" but oldER.
Cripes.
Me too.
Where's the link to the rest of this YouTube US Maple footage?
I'm going searching ...
There's a lot - it's all right here.
fuck yeah
I will watch this if you can promise there will be footage of drunk people I know.
No promises. Watch at your own risk. It's a pretty safe bet, though.
Post a Comment