Monday, July 17, 2006

Why I Like Deerhoof

Yes, that is a child-size drum set that you might find for <$100 at Walmart. He's using a real hi-hat and probably a real kick drum pedal, but the point is - wow. (Thanks for the tip, Ed!)

5 comments:

edP,  6:46 AM  

The video isn't coming up on my computer...but let me assure everyone - this song rocks - and thank you Chris, the Fledgling Times introduced me to this band.

edP,  10:38 AM  

Allright this clip is even better than the one I saw...I've gotta get back to the You Tube and check out more

Sultan of Swaff,  12:50 PM  

Saw them at Pitchfork last summer, goddamn was it hot then too. You're right, he's a kickass drummer. They're young. They have more energy than good songs at the moment. Their best days are still ahead of them, and I mean that in a good way.

P-Dizzle,  1:21 PM  

I really like the few things I've heard them do.

olddogdk,  9:16 PM  

That rocks.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP