Sunday, July 09, 2006

Great Finds

This past week, I found two great deals. First, there was a brief experiment at Old Navy where they tried selling soaps and stuff. They partnered with "Kiss My Face" which is a pretty conscientious company and their stuff smells really good. (I learned this from my wife, not the Old Dog). Anyhow, the experiment apparently didn't pan out so they're clearing the stuff out at really low prices. (Two soaps for $1.) This is sweet vindication for all the times we've spent $7 on soap - and again, the stuff smells really good.

The other thing is Goose Island sodas for $2.99 at Aldi. Not sure there's much more to say. If you haven't tried their grape, orange cream or root beer, you're missing out - that shit is retarded!*

* = phrase borrowed from a friend of Barbecue Jerry.

6 comments:

Kim,  3:39 AM  

I bought a cheapie bar of the White Chocolate and Orange KMF soap a few weeks back, in order to make my total over $50 so I could use my $10 off coupon.

I can't use the soap though -- I just put the whole box on my little white bathroom soap, next to my Paris Hilton perfume and tiny Mexican nativity set. From time to time, I slide the soap out of the box and smell it. I do the same with my Razz-betty handmade soap from this awesome little shop out here -- no using, just smelling.

Someday, I will use both soaps in one very long, decadant, scented bath perhaps.

Kim,  3:40 AM  

Ah, that should be "little white bathroom SHELF!"

olddogdk,  2:28 PM  

Sir, I believe the phrase is, "...that shit is STUPID!".

Nice way to deflect the whole soap thing away from me. Personally, I'm a Tom's of Maine kind of guy: unscented and lemongrass.

It's good to hear that you're bathing.

Lady Di )O(,  7:14 AM  

Who knew Kaka was a buy-soaps-and-not-use-them kinda gal?

Who knew Chris B could go on and on and about scentabulous Kiss My Face products with a straight face?

This shit is ignorant!!

Chris B.,  7:57 AM  

Word. I'm all domesticated and shit.

Michael K,  1:57 PM  

What's with all the fancy soap talk around here? It's all about the Lava. Get yer ass clean and get out of the shower. All that luxurious soap and lounging in the bath is gonna lead to sinnin'! Soap is such a slut.

That's some fine root beer. I like the Sprecher best but it's pricey.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP