Busy Weekend (Again)
Figures this would be a wall-to-wall action weekend because it's in mid to high 90s. On the plus side, a big part of the weekend for me has been recording in a basement which has been both productive and cooler than surface temperature. Also, I learned of the wonder beverage known as "Four". Apparently, it makes you play drums better. (We'll find out if that's true today.)
I tried to do some yard work yesterday but it was so hot, sweat was streaming from my brow. When I started getting dizzy (hadn't discovered "Four" yet) I decided to call it a day. I still had to load up the drums for an afternoon of battle.
If all goes well, we should have the framework for a five-song demo in a week or two. Today, we'll put down as many more tracks as we can stand to play. After that, we're celebrating a birthday with dinner and cupcakes. (For my friends in DeKalb, if you're into cupcakes, make it a priority to check out Sweet Dreams - it's in a little strip mall on the northwest corner of Bethany and Rte. 23.)
Oh, and we're dog-sitting.


3 comments:
What the hell is "four"?
Sorry - it's an energy drink with 6% alcohol. A little of the yin, a little of the yang. Four!
Everybody's doing the cupcake thing lately. SO trendy.
I can't get into the energy drinks, with or without the sauce. I am a no caffeine guy most days anymore and I generally feel better.
Post a Comment