Friday, February 27, 2009

Team Fortress 2 on Sale Today

Team Fortress 2 for $9.99 TODAY

TF2 is a first-person shooter (FPS) where you can choose from one of nine totally distinct classes. The art reminds me of some of my favorite cartoonists (Tex Avery, for example), the game play is smooth and relatively intuitive, and the voice functions work wonderfully. The game has hilarious elements, too, like witty sayings from each of the characters, to weapons like the Sandvich (doesn't shoot, gives you health) or the Sandman (just released baseball that stuns people at a distance).

If you've played UT, Tribes, Half Life, or any of the older FPS titles (Doom, Quake, Duke Nukem), then you'll probably love this game. If you do buy it and want to connect for a match, let me know here, by e-mail, or via Steam.

Besides, Facebook is nice for connecting with people you left behind years ago and sharing embarrassing pictures, but you can connect in TF2 and blow each other up! Way more fun!

2 comments:

Niteowl,  3:03 PM  

I'M NOT A NURD! I WOULDN'T PLAY THIS SORT OF THING OMFGGETALIFE!

Chris B.,  10:10 AM  

Exactly what a spy would say.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP