Thursday, February 05, 2009

Bring In Houshmandzadeh

If you follow the Bears, I offer my empathy. On the other hand, there's some possibility for improvement right around the corner. Free agency could bring us a quality receiver, and T. J. Houshmandzadeh is on the market. He did an interview with Tom Waddle and Marc Silverman yesterday which got me thinking he could be a good deal on a few fronts.

First, he's one of the most reliable receivers in the league. He's younger than Marty Booker and older than Devin Hester. Both Booker and Hester would improve 100% with the threat of Housh in the mix, automatically.

Second, during the interview, he said he actually likes Rex Grossman. We haven't released Rex yet, and Kyle Orton has proven that he can't hit the long pass (which basically neutralizes the threat of Hester), so it's possible that the Grossman era may not be over yet. Housh said he didn't know much about Orton, but he did think that he hurried back from an ankle injury so that Grossman wouldn't do too well. Anyhow, if I'm Jerry Angelo, I'm listening to what a premier receiver has to say.

Houshmandzadeh would be a great fit for the Bears. If we could land him and a shutdown safety, I'd feel a lot better about next year.

0 comments:

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP