Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Future Economy

Okay, so Obama won an early victory with this precedent-setting stimulus bill not even a full month into his term. People talk about the first 100 days of a president's term for some reason. 30 days is an impressive bit of negotiation and sway, in my opinion.

So here's an aspect of the stimulus package that I think a lot of folks are missing. Obama started out by getting a large chunk of money allotted to bail out banks and other businesses and get things back to steady. If it doesn't work, for whatever reason, he can entertain other options, but further bailout monies will likely NOT be part of the equation.

Longer term, this stimulus package is an easy bet for him to make. If it works, he fixed the economy in his FIRST 30 DAYS. If it doesn't, he can entertain new options from both sides of the aisle, as long as they don't include more taxpayer money. It's kind of a political win/win scenario.

I suppose there is a possibility that this doesn't work and he tries to go back to the well a second time, but I imagine he'd be smart enough to know that it wouldn't work. Besides, I'm hoping that the economy cycles back to steady on its own and this stimulus package is icing on the cake.

0 comments:

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP