Questions and Rewards
For my more politically aware friends, can someone tell me why I have to choose a side in the primaries? What if I have in mind to vote for a democrat president and a republican representative? Also, why do they make you announce it in front of everyone?
As you might have guessed, I did my part today.
Here's your reward:


6 comments:
Yeah-I hate having to tell people what party i am voting for-it seems like it ruins the process. I guess it stems from the presidential(way back when) runner up becoming the VP. That person and the whomever the president were never of the same party/ideology.
Nice Vid.
Polling place used to mean you would go to a public square and announce who you supported.
Wouldn't you be proud to say "I choose edP for Sherrif of Bristol." in front of the whole ESPN campus?
I think Chris' serious point is he does not want to lose his status as an independent. I am fiercely independent and you just have to remind yourself you are still that (on the inside) as you announce to the outside world "I'll take a donkey ballot"
Here's why - I want to put my support behind Obama for president and that's my highest priority. However, I happen to know a candidate running for Kane County Board Chairman and I think he's best for the job but he's a Republican. I couldn't support both, apparently.
Also, I know this isn't the actual election, but I can imagine that republicans that aren't fully satisfied with their presidential options might have jumped over to one of the super-popular democratic candidates. But they would NOT make the jump during the primaries because they'd only get to pick democratic congresspeople, etc.
Maybe I don't understand this correctly.
I know we're given the option of voting as an independent, but I'm not sure what that ballot would look like.
If you go independent, you only get to vote for non-dem and non-rep candidates. In other words, you're screwed.
Also, when you pick delegates in the primaries, those are your representatives in the electoral college, right? Considering I never heard of any of them, how do I know I can count on them? Also, just because they have a particular candidate's name next to theirs, does that definitely mean they're going to cast their electoral vote for that candidate or could they change their mind between now and November?
Post a Comment