I Have a Rigid Clock
Body clock, that is. Since Sunday, I've been waking up at 5:00 every morning. I'm given a gift of an extra hour and I squander it. But it's not by choice. My system locks in step with the alarm clock to the point where I usually wake up the minute before it goes off and hit the snooze button. On Saturdays (even on vacation), I still wake up at the same time.
It'll be a few weeks before I get locked into the newer schedule. In the meantime, I try to stay in bed without being restless as long as possible. Yesterday and today, I got the dog walked way before the kids were at the bus stops (I usually assume that people think I'm stalking the kids) and did some work. I made a killer egg burrito (scrambled egg, organic cheddar, homemade guacamole, chili-flavored wrap from Trader Joe's) and even packed a lunch. Who knew I could be this productive?
The other part of this equation is that it's actually starting to feel like Fall. I wake up from a long summer torpor right around my birthday. I don't particularly like the super cold days, but the chilly or brisk days suit me just fine. Good for combustion engines and good for my combustible brain.


5 comments:
My clock is dysfunctional.
Every night I end up staying up until 6 or 7AM and sleeping until sometime between 11AM and 1PM.
I'm the same way here. And so are my kids, unfortunately.
Me, too, I have a rigid--oh, clock.
I thought the double entendre was more obvious. Probably people just took the high ground. ;)
Ah - morning clock!
Chris, you totally have time for a morning shot and beer!
Post a Comment