Stuff You Should Know
Well, Supercush played at Otto's on Wednesday and, while we didn't set any attendance records, we did see some excellent bands. Zebulon Pike was the headliner and they closed out the evening with some hellacious prog-metal. They're totally instrumental and they bring the thunder, man. They also bring some insane, criss-crossing guitar parts.
The opening band, originally slotted to play in the Underground, was called Minmae. They were a nice surprise and balanced out the evening quite well. I'd say they fit the more "indie rock" sound and reminded me quite a bit of older Screaming Trees. Good stuff.
Finally, there's an art opening tonight in Chicago of note. My friends Jeff Tady and Dan Grzeca will do their thing at Cyt O Gallery on South Halsted. You are invited.


5 comments:
Sorry I missed the show, C. Man, but I was flat-out, sick as an old dog!
I'm sure you whipped a rhino's ass.
No worries. I'd normally be against a $7 cover charge, but the other bands were pretty good, too. Lot's of rock for a Wednesday.
I thought The Nappy Headed Hos were opening for you?
You're fired.
I hope the show was fun. There's something to be said for prog-rock in all its incarnations.
Post a Comment