Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Great Vonnegut Piece Via The Onion

It's called 15 Things Kurt Vonnegut Said Better Than Anyone Else Ever Has Or Willand it's not a mock story - it's just a list of Vonnegut-isms and their context. Really nicely done and a succinct reminder of why Vonnegut was my favorite writer.

Each of these sayings is packed with intent and possible interpretation. I believe they also allow for inclusion of everyone and their eccentricities, spirituality, and hope. I feel like more of his work should be required reading in school.

0 comments:

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP