Thursday, March 15, 2007

A Trio for my Dub

Went to the Metro last night to check out Clutch. They were as awesome as I would have expected. The crowd was a little more jocko/trailer than I would have expected, actually. I guess I thought there would be more hipsters but they are a pretty heavy, weed-groove rock band, so it makes more sense that there'd be plenty of good ol' boys on the scene.

Anyhow, the opening band was Dub Trio from Brooklyn. I've never heard of them but they were the 311 I always wished 311 would have been. The drummer came up and said hello, then went back to his kit and they went for 40-45 minutes of metal/reggae fusion. Even if you're not a fan of either genre, this band might be worth checking out:

1 comments:

Sultan of Swaff 11:18 AM  

I don't own any of their albums, but I've got more than a couple tunes on my mp3 player. We need more songs about Camaros.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP