Monday, March 05, 2007

Bye Bye TJones

Shit. I am not happy with Drew Rosenhaus right now. If I understand it correctly, they got nothing of extra value in the trade, either. Certainly, nothing that can replace the energy and leadership of a guy who was always professional, always prepared, and was the best running back since Walter. If the slightly higher draft pick pays off, we won't get that benefit until after the 2009 season.

What we're seeing is the dismantling of what could have been a dynasty. We had two good seasons in a row and I am now looking at a mess in the coming year. They'll have to make an acquisition or two that make a big difference somehow whether through free agency or the draft. I want another winner now - not two years from now. But that's not how the Bears work.

Shit.

0 comments:

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP