Wednesday, March 14, 2007

God Bless You Mr. Vonnegut

Kurt Vonnegut has always been my favorite writer. I think his bouncy pace and semi-disregard for facts helped to keep my attention through a number of his novels. I fall for his space and time constructs which eschew standard physics in just about every novel. He says and writes things the way I think them - just much more eloquently.

I saw Mr. Vonnegut on the Daily Show with John Stewart and wished the interview could have lasted another hour. The guest segment is so short that he barely got to establish his feelings about the current administration. I would love to hear the rest of his list.

Anyhow, check out the link above and, if you find it amusing, check out his book:

4 comments:

Moderator 3:45 PM  

I need to pick that up. It's like what, 20 pages?

jeanz 6:35 AM  

In case you weren't aware of this already, he also writes for In These Times, which can easily be found on the ol' web.

Michael K 4:31 PM  

Me likey the Vonnegut. I haven't read much and lately I only read about politics and history. Is this a novel or his own feelings on the stae of the union?

Chris B. 5:23 PM  

Yeah, it's a pretty quick read (less than 200 pages) and it's not a novel - it's KV ruminating on a number of subjects (including the current state of the union).

Jeanz - thanks for the recommendation! I've bookmarked the site.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP