Sunday, March 18, 2007

My New Toy

I had some initial buyer's remorse because I don't really NEED a new snare drum. Luckily, I have the enabling friend in Michigan to talk me down from the ledge before I do something crazy (like return it). In fact, he suggested that I get a whole new drum kit to match the sound of the new snare! He's one of the smartest people I know!!

Anyhow, here it is:

I'll likely be playing it with Big Drag at the House on March 30th and with Supercush at Otto's on April 11th. I'd like your opinion, too.

7 comments:

Sultan of Swaff,  6:32 AM  

OK, I get that the clear shell enables fans to get a better look at your cock, but why are the holes so large (more even attack, perhaps)? Oh, and how much too.

Chris B.,  8:04 AM  

Yeah, for all my fans. The holes have to be that big to fit it all. Coincidentally, the color of the acrylic is called "coke bottle".

Seriously, the vent holes cause the sound (pretty sharp crack) to travel but I've been surprised by how much range (volume-wise) it has. The harder I hit it, the louder it gets - tone stays pretty consistent.

$605 list - $159 out the door! (Guitar Center stopped selling them, thus clearing them out. Best price online is $249.)

Moderator,  2:30 PM  

My buyer's remorse about toys for me has grow exponentially since my kids were born. I can't buy anything for me anymore without thinking, "couldn't this money have been better invested for my kids?"

Chris B.,  6:02 PM  

Oh - I think I can help you GM!

NO! (They can't possibly appreciate stuff as much as you.)

Kim,  6:27 AM  

Ohhhhhh ... he's PRETTY!
Icy green.
Put some glitter on it?

P-Dizzle,  6:31 AM  

Spaun of Satan!!

Chris B.,  2:28 PM  

They have a "broken glass" finish - not quite sparkly but more so than the drum I got. I think I'm happy with it as is. It'll probably be out of monetary possibility but I might go for a whole Spaun kit at some point. We'll see if I break this plastic drum first...

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP