One For the Record Books
I'm really glad Grossman did well last night - I want him to succeed. Still, the special teams and defense won the game last night. Rex didn't make mistakes and I think he needs another game or two like that to get back into stride. The only reason I'd put Griese in at this point would be to save Rex for the playoffs and give him some actual game-time snaps.
I loved the fact that they played all of the running backs and gave Peterson a TD run. I swear he'd be a starter on half the teams in the NFL.
Hester's play was phenomenal. He did well as a corner (stopped a TD pass) and set an NFL record with the runbacks last night. Lovie Smith joked around about finding a spot for Hester on the offense - I suggest Berrian's spot. Apparently the only way Berrian will catch a ball is if he's beat the defender. Any type of challenge and he's screwed. Can you imagine Hester as a triple threat? I can.
Meanwhile, Michael Anderson logged another sack (two if he doesn't get a shitty "touching the quarterback" penalty; I didn't look closely - maybe he flexed his muscles) which has to be close to a record for a rookie. That guy should be seeing more game time, too.
Over all - good game for the Bears. I'd like to see less points for the opponents, but we're down two safeties and a significant tackle. As long as we can continue to score 40+...


0 comments:
Post a Comment