Friday, December 29, 2006

Hot Video

If you think I'm talking about porn - you're close. Back in the day, there was this guy named Tony who was pretty cool. He shot videos for Shorty and U.S. Maple and some other bands. I met him at a U.S. Maple show at Lounge Ax many years ago. Anyhow, he's uploaded a bunch of stuff he shot on YouTube (all hail YouTube!) and you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=HardeyeFilms

The Shorty video has a bunch of folks I know from DeKalb in the early 90s. It reminded me of what a crazy scene there was back then. How did all these folks converge in one place at one time? It seems like if one of the indie labels at the time would have done a little research (AmRep, perhaps?) the scene could have been exposed to the world. Too bad DK was/is so isolated. Anyhow, there are a number of us that do remember and are happy to have been part of it.

2 comments:

P-Dizzle 9:30 AM  

Once again--excellent, and thanks.

Really cool to see Christy (sp?)(Steener's good friend and a dorm compadre of mine) in that Shorty video.

It's all good though. Those guys (Shorty, U.S. Maple) are great. That music holds up 100%, and the videos are pretty fun.

edP 9:46 PM  

Thanks for posting the link to this footage. The filmwork is pretty cool. Watching them I was reminded of the U.S. Maple show I took Brad Strauss to see.

Brad: "I think these guys are trying to destroy rock 'n roll."

Me: "Isn't it great?"

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP