Monday, September 18, 2006

Sweet-Ass Sunday

Well, I love all the coverage of a sad Roy Williams but again - no real mention of the Bears, just how bad their opponents are. I wish I would have laid money on them to win the Superbowl when they were at 12 to 1 odds.

I'm torn about the seven points that somehow made it to the Detroit side of the scoreboard. On the one hand, this puts the Bears in second place behind the Ravens as a defense if I understand the rankings. Nothing like a little motivation to make this defense punish someone - and just in time for Minnesota.

On the other hand, the pass interference call on Tillman was legit - he alone caused the only points. I hope he rescues his reputation next week or I'd be looking for one of the Mannings to give him a little rest. Detroit did not deserve those points.

Besides the continuing NFC North rout by the Bears, J made some killer cheese enchiladas from scratch. Better than Eduardo's for those who know DeKalb dining. She made some in Pyrex bowls so it's like a lunch-sized Mexican lasagne. Deeeeeelicious!

Plus, I tried the Leinenkugel's Octoberfest beer. Not the best ever but still pretty good. Considering that I've switched to Busch for the past few weeks (economical move), it was a real treat.

Good beer, homemade enchiladas, and Roy Williams and his entire team paying for his stupidity - priceless.

4 comments:

tom o 1:46 PM  

i put some money on 15-1. gonna try and get back to tahoe soon to put more down. i'll let you know if i do and you want in.

the bears will get some respect but everyone will look to their schedule and call it weak...seattle, giants and NE are really the only tough teams right now. i'm not taking anything away from them because they are destroying the cream-puffs - if they were weak these games would be much closer.

they should go undefeated in the division. ah fuck it, bears don't lose a game this year!

Chris B. 2:00 PM  

Hey Tom - I saw that you guys are playing with Nomeansno at the end of October. I love Nomeansno! AND I'LL BE IN LA! It might not work out, though because I think you're back in SF by the time we get there. If there's a chance in hell, I'll try to make it.

tom o 4:14 PM  

dude, let me know. those shows are going to be huge.
what dates are you going to be in LA?

norm chompski 4:27 PM  

Who knows when he'll be in Louisiana, but I'm in L.A. 24-7--

And even that don't matter if you ain't ready to catch some REAL rock and roll--

yesmeansyes,
"Kokomo, beeeoooaaayyootch!"

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP