For the Better Good
I have just become aware of a new magazine launching this month called Good Magazine. From the initial description and the way they're handling introductory subscriptions ($20 - 100% donated to a choice of causes) I'm on board. The idea is to create a magazine that mixes capitalism and idealism under one roof. I think that's a pretty good idea. Instead of complaining about and exposing all the wrong in the world, how about shedding light on the good?
Check out www.goodmagazine.com.


2 comments:
Sounds nice. Y'know, Working Assets is a good value/service long distance company that gives to causes. Of course, I have to read materials in there bill every month that tell me that I'm a baby seal slaughtering, worker's rights trampling fascist if I don't demand to smash the state with them. OK, I'm not down with them, but they provide excellent long distance service at a fair price.
We used Working Assets in DeKalb and when we moved to Geneva but then switched over at some point because they were pricey. It seemed like we could get cheaper phone service and just donate a tax-deductible flat fee to a cause of our choice. It's still a great idea - work a small percentage into a fee-based service that goes to charity for a non-stop stream of support.
Post a Comment