Friday, February 10, 2006

We Have Contact

I can't believe I'm excited about getting back to work but I have an actual offer in hand. I was told by a recruiter that I did pretty well in a different interview earlier this week, so I'll hold off on signing the proverbial "bird in hand" to find out more about the "one in the bush." (Take it easy Ed.)

Next week will be a free week where I don't have a job and I don't have the pressure of getting a job (since I have one lined up and I'm just ruling out another) so I plan to drink whiskey and play video games. I might work on the band site since we've settled on a name (finally) and we're nigh upon completion of a single. The full CD shouldn't be far behind, either. Even with all of us pulling in the same direction, it's taking a long time, but I think we'll know we did our best work possible.

I'm easing up on beer a little because I'm still fat. I'm pretty sure beer is the primary reason why I'm fat since we've really adjusted our daily diets to incorporate much more healthy food. I eat less, excercise the same (maybe a little more since I've been laid off) and I'm still fat. Must be the beer. Que triste.

Incidentally, I wasn't aware of the term "delurking" until I read it on Kakamak's blog. In researching it a bit, I guess a lot of people request comments from the folks silently reading their blog. I'm not offended if nobody comments, but I did like this button:

3 comments:

edP 4:45 PM  

Sons of bitches! If I can't win - no one can win!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not saying anything about the other thing because I don't want to jinx it - but good luck on the thing you posted first on this thing....

Man - PDawg is gonna be killin' me for being vague

Kim 12:59 PM  

I would have contacted much faster if you wrote you were wearing a dickie.

Chris B. 6:33 PM  

I'm avoiding the obvious phallus joke here. I've matured.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP