Thursday, February 16, 2006

Batman vs. Al Quaeda

IGN: WonderCon '06: Holy Terror, Batman!

This appears to be real. If so, I'm queuing up my pre-order today. I've always been a partial comic fan - dodging my head in on occasion to see what's new. I got into comics hot and heavy when I lived down the block from Northern Lights Bookstore back in the day. I have some cool series from that time, including the Sin City series.

I've always had my eye on Frank Miller stuff. Hard Boiled was so cool. Kurzweil and Orwell could tell you about convergence, but Miller can show you what that world will look like and remind you that it's the bigger things that matter (honor, chivalry, character). As visceral as his work tends to be, it gives me more hope than fear or trepidation. There are still good guys out there - even in the face of Al Quaeda.

This should be interesting!

3 comments:

edP,  4:16 PM  

...and the very real threats to honor chiv etc...and what the world may look like in the absence of those things

olddogdk,  5:34 PM  

NERDLINGER!

olddogdk,  5:35 PM  

O.K. I was never even cool enough to be into comics.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP