Thursday, February 23, 2006

Reading is for Losers

I just read a business article about how “people read less these days” – presumably since the advent of the internet. I’d argue that I read a LOT more than I used to since blogs and Web-based reporting became prevalent. In the past, I’d subscribe to a magazine or two that covered music, computers or design. I’ve never subscribed to a newspaper for any length of time beyond a trial run and I relied on television news for daily info (yikes!)

Since we got broadband internet access, I read a number of blogs written by friends and people I respect or find amusing. I still get some of the same magazines I did in the past but I also check out lots of online-only content now and the aforementioned blogs and such.

I still watch TV on occasion, but I also read multiple accounts of big news events from varying sources (not just the U.S. press). I feel like I’m reading more than I have ever before and I’m also better informed. Then along comes YouTube.

1 comments:

edP 12:46 PM  

Sweet merciful crap. You tube!!!!!!!

We need to get the "Fat!" guy on there.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Search This Blog

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP