Friday, January 23, 2009

Hm. How Do You Create Titles in w.bloggar?

Trying out a new blog editor. Gunderstorm recommended it, and they just posted a mobile version. I loaded it onto my USB drive, and I'm posting from it now. It's nice - a much richer editing environment and more visibility into the "behind-the-scenes" stuff. Looks like one editor to cover a number of places where I post. Nice.

3 comments:

Gunderstorm 6:29 AM  

I must admit, I haven't used it in a while. Wordpress' new interface is so beautiful and feature-rich, I haven't had a need for anything else. Come to think of it, I only used w.bloggar when the GunderBlog was on Blogger. After that, it made for a handy little HTML editor that worked nicely with Flash (since ActionScript only allows for limited tags).

Once I made the switch to Wordpress, I haven't had a need for an external interface. I tried ScribeFire for a while too, but it also took me away from my precious Wordpress dashboard.

Chris B. 8:15 AM  

Thanks. Abandoning ship.

Gunderstorm 11:14 AM  

Have you tried Windows Live Writer?  It supports Blogger, WordPress, TypePad... most of the big dogs.  Plus there's a Zemanta plugin which I highly recommend.

I used it to write this comment.

I took a look at the w.bloggar site and there hasn’t been an update since late 2007.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP