Friday, June 27, 2008

My Bloody Valentine Redux

Ok, I've made the statement that I would probably not try to see My Bloody Valentine when they come around on their new tour. I had a fairly metaphysical experience in the early 90s when I saw them before. The songs were performed excellently, but there was also a communal relationship between the band, the mixing engineers, the crowd, and the pulsing aural encasement we all created. It felt like I was plugged into an electrical grid of some sort. Utterly fantastic.

The headliner that came out after them was Dinosaur Jr., who I loved, but who were a complete let down after the preceding experience. They were the green wire that grounded the sizzling power. (I forgive them.)

I don't want to sully that memory, so I'm hesitant to risk it this time around. However, I just read this review of a recent show, and I'm back to intrigued again. We'll see...

1 comments:

PYLB 11:42 AM  

Reminds me of seeing Merzbow perform life. It's more of an endurance test than a concert. MBV, of course, has a lot more song structure than Merzbow. Your only challenge is finding tickets to MBV should you decide to attend.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP