Thursday, June 12, 2008

Another Deadline Passed

My job is pretty well paced most of the time. However, the week or two preceding a deadline can be intense and draining. I assume it's apparent by the dearth of posts here.

Anyhow, I'm back for a while. And I have information to share.

For my baseball fan friends
- I recommend the MLB.com audio package. The MLB TV option seems pricey, but for $14.95, you get every game, every day, and you can choose either the home or away team's broadcast. I can listen at work, so catching a day game is pretty cool. I also like Bob Uecker (sp?), so if the Cubs and Sox are off, I might check out a Brewers game.

NOTE - when you sign up, you're automatically subscribed to Sports Illustrated with a few issues (months?) free. I have never been a fan of SI, so I gave it a few days, then canceled online.

For my computer nerd friends - if you want to go the extra step past the Blogger or Myspace blog, or even if you just want to snap up a particular domain name, I recommend 1&1. I've been working on some sites for the bands I am in (and have been in) and they have great prices and excellent support. It's as simple as picking a plan, then either using your own skills or using their site-building tools (free). Click here for more information.

For my music lover friends - I think I mentioned it once before, but I didn't get a slew of links to your personal muxtapes. Check out www.muxtape.com, load up your favorite 12 songs, and send me the link. It's a very simple idea which is why I love it. Mine is assoctw.muxtape.com (which I'll probably have to change since I got a promotion. Long story) and I used songs I got from free downloads from artist sites. I assume they were available to me, so the artists are cool with me using them on muxtape.

Quick tangent - I believe sharing music should not be illegal or even morally questionable. Especially on something like muxtape. It's truly a vehicle to share the music, not trade it. You can't (easily) download the songs, and you might get turned on to an artist you never heard before. That's a win/win.

0 comments:

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP