Friday, June 13, 2008

[Heart]Breaking News

Ever since the UPS strike back in the 90s, I've relied on Meet The Press to get to the core of political issues - especially presidential campaigns. Today is a sad day. At 58 years old, it appears Tim Russert died of a heart attack today. In all sincerity, I feel like I'm not sure what to do about voting now. It seems like we've lost one of our checks and balances.

He put the screws to so many heads of state in such a clear, concise way, that I have a hard time imagining who will replace him. He was on my short list of people I would have liked to meet. Worst of all, a historic election is right around the corner. Elections were his forte.

A sad day, indeed.

4 comments:

olddogdk 3:56 PM  

He was never dull.

edP 8:17 PM  

I'm hoping that wherever he is he gets to see Scott Norwood's last second kick split the uprights rather than going wide right.

Anonymous,  10:10 AM  

A very good family man from what I've heard also.

Chris B. 10:23 AM  

Almost everyone who spoke about him this weekend mentioned how much he was into his own family, but also theirs. I think he did the best job you can strive to do as a "good Catholic", which is to provide a good example for others. He did it as a reporter and as a family man. Too bad his Bills couldn't get anywhere...

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP