Thursday, June 01, 2006

Random Bits

We got the new catalog of food from Trader Joe's this week. There are a lot of great things there and I was wondering what people's favorites are from TJ's. I like their coffee, vanilla yogurt, marinated fresh mozzarella, horseradish hummus and those triscuit-like crackers. Oh, and the chocolate pudding. And the curry simmering sauce. The turkey chili is not bad, either. What do you guys like there?

Also, to my lurking friend JE, I got the brush cutter running but it was reluctant (as you predicted) and still could use a good carb cleaning. I'm planning round two of shrub reduction (not code for anything, Ed) this weekend and should have it back to you shortly. Thanks for letting me use it!

J and I are whipping the yard into shape. Our next significant undertaking will be to buy dirt and grade the ground by the house so that water runs off as it should. Right now, the ground has settled closest to the house which causes rain to aim for the drain tile, shoot out the sump exhaust and then cycle right back to the house again. Luckily, the sump pump has been working like a charm.

Last thing for now - I had heard of ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead but only heard a few songs and wasn't impressed. More recently, I've heard new stuff and it's really good. I was on a Swervedriver kick for a long time and this stuff reminds me of them. Another band I've learned that I like is Blonde Redhead. More moody, layered guitar and interesting chord progressions. Good stuff.

3 comments:

Lady Di )O( 10:29 AM  

I love Trader Joe's Fettucini Alfredo - so super yum. I also like their veggie fried rice and a lot of the frozen veggie combo bags they carry.

lori 11:17 AM  

I love Blonde Redhead. "Melody of Certain Damaged Lemons" is one of my favorite albums ever.

My favorite Trader Joe's items:

MINI FROSTED CARROT CAKES
Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Dried Calimyrna Figs
Barbara's Shredded Spoonfuls cereal
Chocovic "Unique Origin" Dark Chocolate bars.

jjwiseman 12:41 PM  

The one thing I always get when I go to Trader Joe's is a couple packs of ice cream mochi.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP