Thursday, June 22, 2006

My Luck

I had a good day at work yesterday. And the day before - and the day before that. It's a nice change to be in an environment where it seems productive and professional. There is the possibility that there will be more job re-assignments/cuts at any time (it's the new corporate culture) and there's even news that Motorola might be interested in acquiring the company but the overall attitude around here remains positive.

For me, it seems like I've had a six-year hiatus where I learned a lot about business and the economy and earned enough to get us a house and some other stuff. I sure hope this place keeps a status quo for a while. I'd like to retire from here, in fact.

Sorry if this sounds like gloating - I know I have a lot of friends in jobs that would prefer to be doing something else. A few don't have jobs at all at the moment and that's tough, too. I've been very lucky and I'm acknowledging that with this post. I've also whined and complained a lot so this should serve as the equal and opposite reaction.

P.S. - I think I understand why everyone is incensed with Ozzie. Using a term that is frequently used as a derrogatory slur against homosexuals to describe Marrioti is a disservice to derrogatory slurs and homosexuals. All he had to do was stick with the "piece of shit" description and call it a day.

2 comments:

edP 10:00 AM  

I think even shit itself may have been offended.

Michael K 9:52 PM  

Good to hear, Chris. Having a job you like is important. Hating your work but liking your quality of living is a beast. It was a major contributing factor to my divorce.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to take a Marriotti.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP