New Post for P-Dizzle
We've had an eventful week. Jennie is a college graduate, she's another year older, and both of our mother's hopefully know that we love them. We had family in town that we haven't seen in over a year which was really great and we ate like royalty. In fact, we hit the tri-cities international trifecta: Italian food at Tribella, Thai food at Vinothai and Mexican food at El Taco Grande. Like all good things, the weekend ended too soon.
Yesterday, Aurora Tree Service stopped by and felled the six poplars in our backyard while we were at work. Four or five had fallen by wind or lightning before we bought the house and we were worried that these would eventually crush a pool or a child or our dog. In my effort to save a little cash, I asked them to leave the trees on the ground and I'd dispose of them. I'm now worried about my back. (Not really.)
This weekend, my only plan is to chop wood (and that's not code for anything.)


5 comments:
That Jennie is so wise, man.
And I'm sure you've never heard that before.
Thanks fo' the post. nice new tune on the 'cush page.
What are the tri-cities? Is that like the Quad cities but your dissing Bettendorf? Congrats to the lady!
St. Charles, Geneva, Batavia. I honestly think they have a way higher restaurant per capita ratio than Chicago. At least for quality dining. We spent a year trying to hit one new restaurant per week and we eventually gave up (barely made a dent.)
How's your back after all the "wood chopping" this weekend?
My back is good. I had a couple of twinges late in the day on Saturday and my arms were killing me yesterday, but all is well today. That's a good kind of hurt, you know.
I was joking with my dad about our backs - we're blessed (cursed) to not have trouble with them. Must be the perfect amount of ballast up front...
Post a Comment