Tuesday, April 25, 2006

April Showers

Yesterday, the thermometer was pushing 80 degrees. It was definitely shorts weather and we had windows open and breezes flowing through the house. Today, on the other hand, it dropped by 20-30 degrees, rained on my commute to work and we actually spotted snow flakes intermixed in the precipitation. Big, fluffy snow flakes. So, one day I'm in danger of getting a sun burn and the next I could freeze.

I don't mind these shifts in temperature. It's one of the big reasons I'll probably never leave the Midwest. Just when I get sick of the freezing cold, it breaks. When I feel like I can't handle another 90-degree day, we get some cool, Canadian wind. Plus, as cliche as it is, Spring and Fall are beautiful around here - especially out in the less densely populated areas. It's off-season for a lot of resorts and fun destinations in Wisconsin, so you can get a great deal on rooms and see this stuff first hand. Good times!

5 comments:

Sultan of Swaff 6:16 AM  

Spring here sucks, OD. I coach baseball, and I've endured more windy, 42 degree games than a human should ever have to. It freezes you like no 25 degree snowy day ever will. If I could be somewhere else for the entire month of March and half of April, I'd be willing to live here the rest of my life. I'm with you on Fall--that's the reward for all the crappy weather we have to endure. I'm sure people from the South and West look at us with contempt---to them it's their birthright to have good weather year round.

Sultan of Swaff 6:17 AM  

Oops, I mean Chris B. Got my sites mixed up!!

DC Liar 7:31 AM  

I made it a point to take the nice weather back to DC with me. I'm a dick like that.

olddogdk 9:43 AM  

I'm with you Swaff, I mean Ed, I mean Liar, Chris B. I like the midwest weather. I think that I would get bored if it didn't vary.

Kim 10:34 AM  

Chilly here. IL tends to be a few days ahead of us, weather-wise. That means a warm weekend. Goody.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP