I Watched Veronica Mars
I had no interest in hearing more drivel and subterfuge but we have no cable or satellite tv, so we were stuck with VM. It's not bad, I guess. Probably better than this (from BBC site):
He also demanded a human cloning ban and said the US was "addicted to oil".
Does this mean that we're about to embark on a war on oil? There's already a war on drugs and a whole other war on terrorism (although I've heard that buying drugs supports terrorists). Do we have the capacity for another war? Can we hold out if we have to go to war against clones? Didn't the president see Star Wars?
Anyhow, I am confused by the existing regime. I've already heard this election's theme - Democrats have no ideas. I've heard it from different Republicans in different forums. They do a really great job of getting their agenda into the media. The message is always delivered in a matter-of-fact way that makes it seem like common knowledge being passed along as part of the discussion at hand.
Then, the president makes a speech about an epidemic of "oil addiction" which sounds like a negative spin on the same issues the Democrats ran on (ideas, if you will) during the last election. Insanity. I'm not smart enough and I really don't pay close enough attention to pretend to understand politics, but this stuff seems outrageous to me.
If I understand it correctly - the president, who comes from the oil industry and whose family has ties to Saudi families that are rich by way of oil, has created a war based on potential weapons (against the advice of the rest of the world) but then reconsidered and called it a war on terror even though it seems more like gaining a foothold in an oil-rich area.
Eh, what do I know? I thought Veronica Mars was "not bad."


2 comments:
Begun the Oily Clone Wars have...
By the way, Prez Clinton (George?) was even better at taking ideas from the other side: "Those Blue Dog Republicans talk a pretty good game. I think I'm gonna talk about fiscal responsibility...right after the Dukes of Hazzard."
"Head them off at the pass? I hate that cliche!" - Heddy ("that's Hedley") Lamar, Blazing Saddles
Post a Comment