Wednesday, January 04, 2006

As Requested

I used to make fun of people that dressed up their dogs and let them sleep in bed with them and talked to them in public like they were people. Then we got Nina. I know everyone says "I know everyone says this, but my dog really understands me!" I know that 90% of her intelligence is based on her extreme desire to eat chicken (or turkey or peanut butter or cheese or bread or anything I'm eating).

But, she's the only dog I know that sings along with music. She particularly likes when there's a harmony in a song or if the melody is really distinct. She howls and makes all kinds of "singing" sounds along with the music. Her favorite songs are the Menard's song and the theme song from "Friends". She'll drop food out of her mouth to run in front of the TV and sing along. It's nuts. I guess I should figure out a way to record that and upload the video. In the meantime, here's a picture of Nina in her buddha/meditation pose:















And here's her Dogster profile:
http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=220720

1 comments:

Kim 2:07 AM  

AW! The look on her face is all LOVE for whoever took this picture :)

We would like a dog--but will probably wait until at least one of the cats goes to Kitty Heaven. Maybe not. I want a Golden R.--or a Pug.

Why Do I Do This?

I was originally inspired by the Web log posted on the site for Propellerhead Software. They developed a cool 808 emulator which eventually morphed into an entire digital audio workstation package (Reason). Those early posts documented their development process and gave a human insight into their struggles. It was cool. So, I bought some hosted space and figured out FrontPage to put a rudimentary site together. My goal was to connect my family, but then realized this could be a great way for me to keep track of happenings over time. Eventually, the manual, HTML journal gave way to this Blogger setup - much easier to deal with, and not bound to one computer.

Ultimately, this is more about nothing than an episode of Seinfeld, but I appreciate that you've read this far. Really.

Fledgling Followers

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP