Happy New Year!
2005 went by mercifully quickly. We had patches of sadness, stress, worry, grief and other forms of negativity all throughout the year. In the midst of all that stuff, we managed to see two of our friends have new babies, we bought a house and started settling into it, I finally freed myself from a job that was not a good fit for me in the first place, and we can park both of our cars in our garage. Whew.
We got our first Christmas tree since we first got married and Jennie did a great job of decorating it. I was actually able to enjoy Christmas this year since the stress of not having a job is preferable to the stress of trying to hit an annual quota in December. I've been on some promising interviews and look forward to getting back into the game.
All in all, 2006 has the potential to be a building year for Jennie, Nina and me. We've got our little doggie on medication to bring her Thyroid activity back up to a normal level. After one week on the pills, she's acting like a puppy all over again. Jennie and I will be looking into yoga classes to force some quiet time and stretching into our routine. We've also started looking at healthier food alternatives.
Jennie will finish this round of school in the Spring and I will have a new job soon, so there's a fresh start right around the corner. Another huge component for success in 2006 will be our reduction of stuff. I'm planning to build some bookshelves to store our books and media. I'm also digitizing the majority of our CD collection so we can lose that bulk as well. This will be the year we get organized and settled.
Resolutions start today, so we're off to take Nina to the dog park.
Happy New Year!
Sunday, January 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
My kitties are 12 and 13--do you think if I slipped 'em some of that Nina's meds, I'd get kittens out of them?
I haven't seen a picture of that sweet doggy in while--do you have any new ones???
Make 06 beautiful Mr. B
Post a Comment