Digital Music Update
I've opted to rip ALL of my CDs to MP3 format. If I need an actual disk, I can burn one. I'll have a backup on my little X5 (iPod-like thing) just in case. In case anyone is interested, I'm using Musicmatch Jukebox and it's set at the variable bit-rate setting where the minimum is rarely under 160 kbps (Musicmatch calls it "VBR 85%") and fluctuates depending on the density of the music as it encodes. I'm not concerned about using a "lossless" format because I can't hear the difference on any of the equipment I own.
A side benefit of embarking on this project is the forced re-discovery of a lot of music I'd usually just glide past otherwise. I'm also finding CDs that Jennie had that I didn't know we had in the house. I've only done one layer out of one of the boxes we shipped (there are a few) and I'm already at 2700 tracks.
Next, the boxes of old LPs and cassettes! I'll have stay unemployed for a while, I guess.


4 comments:
Unemployed? Dude, that IS a job! You just ain't gettin' paid! Promote yourself to "CEMP3E" (Chief Executive MP3 Encoder).
Just watch out for Cerny--he might have problems with you taking the "Chief" title!
I just talked to "Chief" a couple weeks ago. He was talking about putting together a chat area on his new web site for ex-Rev employees. I told him that was a brilliant idea. We'll see.
Thanks ChrisB for the lavasoft love!
Post a Comment